Happy Valentines Day, Eggheads!
We wanted to reaffirm our love for you by giving you this Valentine’s Day treat- not quite as delicious as some fine Belgian Chocolates, but it’s a pretty close second- a new release candidate for Eggdrop! This is going to be a “bug fix” version- there isn’t a whole lot in the way of new user-facing features here, but there has been a LOT of work done “under the hood”. We particularly wanted to push this out sooner rather than later in order to address a few bugs that have been popping up lately. As a quick summary of what we covered:
- Updated minimum Tcl version from 8.3 to 8.5. This was done mainly to take advantage of the implementation of dicts in Tcl 8.5. We also have been using dicts since 1.9.0 which means this requirement has been in place for almost two years and just forgot to tell you, But now we have!
- Implemented a workaround to better handle how upstream Tcl parses Emojis by default (A herculean and long-coming effort from thommey)
- Reverted a change to default bind flags that broke some scripts that parse the [binds] Tcl command. The .binds partyline command will still display “*” as the ‘any’ flag instead of “-“.
- Some documentation updates
- Tons of small bug fixes that you probably never would have encountered, and now definitely will not
You can read more about all of the enhancements and fixes in the NEWS file included with the source, its a quick read, we promise.
As this is an RC, there is still time to find a few bugs that may be hiding; we’re depending on you to help us find those last few bugs before we declare 1.9.5 as stable. Please use it and report any bugs you find to https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/issues . We plan on leaving this comment period open for several weeks. Thanks for all the help getting us to the 1.9.5 release!
You can download the Release Candidate here
Checksums: Eggdrop 1.9.5rc1 5c1eeb6cf286efe2c2c6d35c378950c369f704ec8cbe1cfaffd2dc857d9abeae Eggdrop 1.9.5rc1.asc c80476c33db2646eab27c20b621461ccd206b180bf10a0f3a15345c8db7fc711