Well, we’ve done it again- a new stable release for Eggdrop! This is going to be a “bug fix” version- there isn’t a whole lot in the way of new user-facing features here, but there has been a LOT of work done “under the hood”. We particularly wanted to push this out sooner rather than later in order to address a few bugs that have been popping up lately. As a quick summary of what we covered:
- Updated minimum Tcl version from 8.3 to 8.5. This was done mainly to take advantage of the implementation of dicts in Tcl 8.5. We also have been using dicts since 1.9.0 which means this requirement has been in place for almost two years and just forgot to tell you, But now we have!
- Implemented a workaround to better handle how upstream Tcl parses Emojis by default (A herculean and long-coming effort from thommey)
- Reverted a change to default bind flags that broke some scripts that parse the [binds] Tcl command. The .binds partyline command will still display “*” as the ‘any’ flag instead of “-“.
- Some documentation updates
- Tons of small bug fixes that you probably never would have encountered, and now definitely will not
You can read more about all of the enhancements and fixes in the NEWS file included with the source, its a quick read, we promise.
As always, thank you to all the Eggheads who continue to use and support the Eggdrop community. We encourage you to join us on Libera in #eggdrop, where you can ask questions, troubleshoot issues, or just generally hang out with other users. Also, we ask that if you enjoy using Eggdrop, please give this repository a star! Thank you for support, and we look forward to the next Eggdrop release.
You can follow development and report bugs on https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop and/or visit us at #eggdrop on the Libera IRC Network.
Eggheads Development Team
Eggdrop v1.9.5: https://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.9/eggdrop-1.9.5.tar.gz (SHA256sum: e26918ea8a64d9857579c5b60c661a337f20773edd83086b356525beb581736a) Signature: https://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.9/eggdrop-1.9.5.tar.gz.asc (SHA256sum: 798bb1f5d8203adec97627e58c31ceca3172197834763ce40d57e79ee5adb083)
PGP key: https://www.eggheads.org/gpg/eggheads.pub
Thanks for all the help getting us to the 1.9.5 release!